Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with LiNK and Applied Ballistics Overview
- Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots.
- Expanded features include a customizable Range Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 16 gun and bullet profiles and 5 saved targets.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold seperately)
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on Android and iOS provides full gun management as well as access to the Applied Ballistics library of custom drag models for transfer to the Kestrel.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, true MOA, Shooter’s MOA, or clicks) - works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting, even out to the transonic and subsonic flight range of your bullet.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5700 Elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment or engagement for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
Buy the Kestrel 5700 Elite with LiNK and get the power of the free Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 Elite before you set out. Choose from the extensive Litz library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere. At the range or match, secure your Kestrel 5700 Elite to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single-screen viewing – just about an unfair advantage! It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.
LiNK enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK compatible laser range finders, such as the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile CONX, to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel 5700 Elite is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions, including wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel 5700 Elite becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the wireless USB Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel 5700 Elite, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand, anywhere your adventure takes you.
Features Comparison Chart:
Features & Benefits of the Kestrel 5700 Elite:
Nielsen-Kellerman CEO, Alix James discusses the enhancements and upgrades that can be found in the new Kestrel 5 Series Ballistics Meters:
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Law Enforcement
- Precision & Competitive Shooting
Works with Compatible Apps:
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for iOS & Android:
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, manage and transfer gun profiles, adjust Kestrel target range, and view shooting solutions on the mobile device. Multi-target view provides single-screen summary of customized targets – perfect for match day. Most effective when paired with the Kestrel Vane Mount for real-time windage solutions. View real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Kestrel LiNK for Windows and Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics (Black): 0857ABLK
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics (Olive): 0857AOLV
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics (Tan): 0857ATAN
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics (Blaze Orange): 0857ABLZ
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK (Blaze Orange): 0857ALBLZ
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK (Black): 0857ALBLK
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK (Olive): 0857ALOLV
- Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK (Tan): 0857ALTAN
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Approximate Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
- Tips For Taking Accurate Measurements